Oct 9, 2009

Poor Addi

Addi had an ear infection so we started her treatment. I wanted to skip amoxicillin since it seems to never work. (I know it depends on the infection but we always start with amoxicillin and then try one or two other meds until it is gone.) So we started with something else, I can't think of the name for it right now. Anyway, it got rid of the infection (yeah!) but Addi had a reaction to the drug. (The weird thing was she didn't have any kind of reaction until 2 days after she was done with the medication.) She got a rash all over her body and her joints swelled up. Her knuckles and feet got so swollen and even her ear! The spots started as white bubbles (looked like bites) and then turned red.





All better now!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Poor Lil Baby! It looks like a rare disease!! :) I am glad she is all better! OH - and I loved your comment about Ms. Throw-Up!!