Aug 8, 2014

Summer roundup

June was busy. The week after school got out I headed to Burley for Science Camp training. Then the next week was Science Camp. Had a super great time. I really enjoy teaching there and get college credit for it! And my kids get to go with their cousins. Double bonus.




After we got home from that we celebrated Blake's birthday (another post for that) and participated in the Family Service day. Em had her 1st orchestra concert, since she decided to switch from clarinet to violin. She did the summer music program and really enjoyed doing that. I missed her final performance (made the practice) since I was gone to girls camp. We had 5 girls come from our ward and we had a great time. Pictures from our hike:

Lots of Syrina (Idaho state flower) Beautiful!






After I got home all of Jerek's family came to town to hear their parents speak in church before they left on their mission. It was so much fun all being together and helping pack up! Then we got ready to go to Mount Pleasant for 4th of July camping with all of Jerek's family. and extended family. Mt. Pleasant has the best fireworks I have ever seen.

July was spent PACKING and Painting and loading boxes out. My in laws left on the 21st for the MTC so we spent a LOT OF TIME getting their house empty for the renters to move in. And they had so much stuff! 35 years of living in a home and keeping everything! (Or so it seemed.) I also painted the barn that they built to put all their stuff in.

getting ready to go paint (this pict just makes me laugh)



And as soon as they left I got strep. What a way to really start our vacation. In bed sick for a week. And when I really needed family to take the kiddos for me. But we survived. (barely) Jerek informed me that I was not allowed to get sick again. Ever. He accomplished the bare essentials. And that's about it. I noticed that Addi had a huge glob of sap in her hair. I asked her how she managed that and she told me she got it from climbing grandma and grandpa's pine tree. From 5 days ago.

And that's June and July.

No comments: