Apr 22, 2010

My little brothers


When Jerek & I got married they were 14 & 12. So I felt like I gained 2 more little bros. They lived in Boise, we lived in Boise. We went to their track meets, piano recitals, soccer games, birthdays. And they got to come stay in our house, eat our sugar cereal, and play Risk. I remember the first time I left Emmalee with them. She had a poopers. It took the two of them, lots of wipes, and fighting off the impulse to throw up, but they did it. We still laugh about it.

Now they are gone. Graduation, missions, and now school. Before leaving again, we had another late night of games, food, and fun. The next morning they ate my sugar cereal, and played "dragons" with the kids. My kids love them and call them 'Master'. It was just perfect. I secretly hope they don't find a special mate and have children of their own.

Then we can still have our game night.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Andrea Cutler said...

Thanks for the invite! Super cute blog...can't wait to come see the finished kitchen!

carrie @ the boonie life said...

Speaking of little bros, how old is Mo now? My little bro, Markus, just turned 29! I can't wait to see your kitchen either. Hurry and finish it. :)

Tara said...

Ahhhh!! I LOVE this post! So much so....that I might "repost" it on my own blog. I MISS you guys! I will be calling you later this week! Cute blog makeover, BTW!! Love you!